Wednesday 7 October 2009

Facebook...

It's been a while since I last wrote something on this.
To be honest, Facebook and school has taken over my life. Which isn't very good.

I made a promise to myself that I would not become obsessed by Facebook. That I would not get a Farmville like everyone else. That I wouldn't get a Cafe World. That it wouldn't take over my life.
But... It has. I have become OBSESSED by a virtual world.
My already awful social life is going to get worse and worse - because of my lack of will power..... and my glandular fever :P
So eventually, the only people I will be seeing and speaking to will be my Mum, and possibly The Boyfriend :P He hates it when I call him The Boyfriend.
Anyway, Facebook. And how awful it is. And how addictive it is. Out of all the people I know, about two thirds of them have a Facebook and use all the apps, the most popular being Farmville... I think.
Why is it, that we are so addicted to a game where we plant seedsand trees, and look after animals on a VIRTUAL world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's RUBBISH! And BORING! But oh so addictive. Why is this?????
I am determined to find the answer.
We should be doing all these activities in real life. Imagine that!
If everyone who plays Farmville went in a massive field and planted seeds, looked after animals in the REAL world, not some stupid VIRTUAL world. Imagine how much fun it would be! It would be like living in Victorian times whilst living in the country. And think of the weight everyone would lose coz of all the physical activity. It would be great :)
Eugh I hate Facebook. And I hate how I'm now addicted to it.

I need a hobby.

1 comment:

  1. Personally I blame your mother. At least for the cafe thing. She is like a woman possessed.

    Let me know if you get a farm - it would be good to have another neighbour:-).

    I don't think I would be as addicted to it as I am if I were well. It passes the time when you're not exhausted enough to sleep, but too exhausted to do anything meaningful.

    And you can make pretty patterns with the crops.

    I like tomatoes and pumpkins planted in a checker pattern. Very retro:-)

    ReplyDelete